beam-dev mailing list archives

From Etienne Chauchot <echauc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Add options to CassandraIO
Date Thu, 14 May 2020 09:00:53 GMT
Hi Nathan,

Thanks for raising this, and thanks for the PR proposal.

I would recommend (as it was done in other IOs such as ElasticsearchIO)
the third solution: you could add a method called
withConnectTimeout(Integer) to both the Read and Write builders of the
IO (there is no common conf object on this IO). Indeed, there is sort of
a "no knob" philosophy of Beam to reduce to the minimum the conf
parameters available to the users; hence the encapsulation.

Best

Etienne