Related thread: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r611fe469106585c5da4c1b2d9ecccfad7e2062ef0ce3b396b5fb5230%40%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E

Reuven: "I fixed this by explicitly setting JAVA_HOME to point to my jdk1.8 directory."
That also worked for me.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 2:23 PM Mikhail Gryzykhin <migryz@google.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I get the following error [1] when trying to build beam locally. Does anyone have any idea what I might have configured wrong on my end?

Regards,
Mikhail

[1]
/work/beam/myfork1$ ./gradlew build
> Task :model:pipeline:compileJava
/home/migryz/work/beam/myfork1/model/pipeline/build/generated/source/proto/main/java/org/apache/beam/model/pipeline/v1/MetricsApi.java:6: error: cannot access Object
public final class MetricsApi {
             ^
  bad class file: /modules/java.base/java/lang/Object.class
    class file has wrong version 55.0, should be 53.0
    Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath.
1 error