beam-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gradle migration fixit: April 3
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2018 12:51:58 GMT
Hi guys,

Anyone has global a view of where we are? When I left yesterday we were far
to be consummable by maven users and my diff was not that useful yet but
saw JB was on it.
Do we make any progress on that in the night?

Concrete question is: when can we drop maven as the primarly build tool for
beam (assuming we don't have that dataflow blocker which is a detail for
the project)? What I don't want is we start again for 2-3 months of a 2
build tools cohexistance state. Did we reach that?

Technical side question (unrelated to the "conclusion"): do you also have
sym links issue with gradle? If i dont gradle clean maven doesnt build
anymore cause of it (ending up in OOME cause it loops on sym links).

Romain Manni-Bucau