beam-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Weise <...@apache.org>
Subject Python SDK feature set
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2018 01:17:09 GMT
Hi,

I’m trying to find a summary of the feature set that is currently supported
in the Python SDK. I understand it is experimental and currently only
supports a subset of the Beam model like fixed interval windows but not
merging windows and custom window functions.

I’m specifically interested in stateful processing and timers as basic
building blocks that could be used with a global window to implement
session functionality and other higher level abstractions without being
constrained by window functions and predefined triggers.

Also since we have the runner capability matrix
<https://beam.apache.org/documentation/runners/capability-matrix/>, would
it be useful to track SDK capabilities in a similar way so that users know
what’s supported?

Thanks,
Thomas