beam-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Romanenko <aromanenko....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gradle migration fixit: April 3
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2018 16:43:07 GMT
In BEAM-3249 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-3249> there are several subtasks
related to documentation and source code update in favour of gradle - BEAM-3520 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-3520>,
BEAM-3521 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-3521>, BEAM-3522 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-3522>
and BEAM-3939 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-3939> . Mostly, it's config
snippets and CLI commands.

It seems that we need to do these changes in the end of the all process of migration since
there are many things that are not well defined for now and how they will work with gradle.
In the same time, the website and other documentation should be updated with gradle-related
stuff along with complete switch to gradle in building process to avoid a confusion for users.

What do you think?

WBR,
Alexey