beam-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New committers!
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2016 11:48:08 GMT
I know how apache projects work. You should know me long enough to know.
For people who are less familiar with the process.. One pmc member
proposes someone as new committer and the pmc members
vote on him/her.

Every project of course has a different idea of how high that bar for
entry should be. So my question was just meant to give contributors an
idea of what to expect. Is that weird to ask?
So for example if you would propose someone, what would be the minimum
level of contribution before you have a good feeling to propose him/her.

Christian

> Hi Christian,
>
> Your e-mail sounds "weird" to me: like other Apache projects, if your contribution is
valuable and sustained, then you will deserve committer-ship. It's meritocracy based.

> Working part time is not a problem, it would make little bit more time to get into. So,
just a timing point, nothing blocker.

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de