batchee-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: TomEE mem leak using batchee with JTA transactions
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 15:43:24 GMT

> Am 05.03.2015 um 10:45 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>:
> Nothing technical, just real life. You tend to update the code to make it do what you
expect right? so if you use a bean in a front layer you can add front stuff inside and then
break your fully backend stuff.

Well in MY projects all the backend jars are simply not allowed to import any frontend specs
like servlet and JSF. We even have checkstyle rules to forbid the import of those ;)

> The JBatch spec doesnt deal with scopes at all. CDI spec doesnt deal with jbatch. Why
CDI shouldnt be set up? Actually it is but not "web" scopes. As I said this choice is to be
aligned with other threading model in EE. No technical constraint, just trying to ensure portability.

If the batch artifacts are CDI beans then CDI rules apply. As simple as that. This is perfectly
portable because of that.

LieGrue,
strub