batchee-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java7?
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2018 15:46:09 GMT
There are a few cases we can handle ourself probably:

1. standalone -> shutdown hook (ensuring we remove it properly if we
shutdown manually before the end)
2. webapp -> we already do our job
3. container -> container should handle it for you and not batchee
4. OSGi -> we don't have an integration but the activator should do it

So I think we are not bad and dont need to make JobOperator which is a
prototype/request scope instance
something which can impact the application (scope).

@Scott: idea from mark is to propagate stop to batchlets etc to try a
graceful shutdown. Previous impl was shutdown the executor, wait a bit and
kill.