batchee-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Kurz <sku...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restart after a Decision Stop is not working
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 17:59:10 GMT
That seems to be working as designed.

Since your decision is:

 <decision id="decider1" ref="myDecider">
        <next on="foobar" to="step3"/>
        *<stop on="foobar2" exit-status="foobar3" restart="step3"/>*
    </decision>

and since MyDecider returns "foobar2", the current job execution will stop
with the job-level exit status will
be set to "foobar3".   The last step, "step3" would not get invoked.

When the job is restarted, however, it will begin execution at "step3", as
opposed to beginning transitioning at step1 (which may lead to it stopping
in the same manner, or to running step 2 first, etc.).

Why would you expect step3 to get invoked?
Scott