batchee-dev mailing list archives

From "Tiburtius, Ashwanth" <ashwanth.tiburt...@iwd.iowa.gov>
Subject Restart after a Decision Stop is not working
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2017 18:45:21 GMT
Hello team,

Our team is using the 0.4-incubating version of Apache BatchEE. I am doing
a POC on JavaEE Batch before we move our batch implementation from
Websphere to Tomee. Following is the JSL I am working on. It looks like
when the class MyDecider returns "foobar2", the exit status is successfully
set to "foobar3" but step3 is not getting invoked. My understanding is that
step3 will be invoked automatically by the batch implementation. It would
be very helpful to know if my understanding is incorrect or if there is a
bug.

JSL:
<job id="bigbangdecision" xmlns="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee
http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee/jobXML_1_0.xsd" version="1.0">
    <step id="step1" next="decider1">
        <batchlet ref="myBatchlet1"/>
    </step>
    <decision id="decider1" ref="myDecider">
        <next on="foobar" to="step3"/>
        *<stop on="foobar2" exit-status="foobar3" restart="step3"/>*
    </decision>
    <step id="step2">
        <batchlet ref="myBatchlet2"/>
    </step>
    <step id="step3">
        <batchlet ref="myBatchlet3"/>
    </step>
</job>

Also, requesting information on the following:

1) When can be expect a full release of the BatchEE project?
2) Would you recommend us using the 0.4-incubating project until then?

Thank you for your response. Really appreciate your time.

Thanks,
Jude.
IWD - IT
ashwanth.tiburtius@iwd.iowa.gov
Ph: 515-281-3378

An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with
disabilities.