batchee-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject cli module and jdk: next step
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 13:46:27 GMT
Hi guys,

cli module has now few challenges we need to solve before the coming
release:

- we use airline as CLI library, this is important for 2 reasons:
-- we expose it to the user since now user can extend the CLI
-- it is now based on java 8 which is not our default target (but would be
acceptable for cli module)

Side note: airline also relies on guava which is not that great in
"container classloader" mode as you probably know

Question then is:
- do we stay like that ie with cli module requiring j8?
- do we move away from airline implementing a light layer on top of [cli]
to have an annotation based API? - will pby break the CLI but can be the
best

I'd like to tackle this before the release since it will face end users now
we have a CLI extension API and then release end of the week.

Any feedback welcomed.

Personally I'm very tempted to use [cli] hidding their programmatic API
behind our annotation model.

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>