batchee-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Kurz <sku...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on LICENSE(s) for certain modules
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2014 14:17:26 GMT
Hi,

I noticed in looking over the set of LICENSE files in the source tree.

The file:
   ./tools/cli/src/main/resources/META-INF/LICENSE
contains a normal ASL 2 license followed by a bunch of other included
licenses.

E.g. JAnsi, HSQLDB, Javassist, and more....

Trying to understand how to map these licenses onto code.

Is the intention to show that these extra licenses apply specifically to
the tools/cli module (but not the other modules)?

Since the file:
./tools/cli/src/main/resources/META-INF/NOTICE
references project:
 https://github.com/airlift/airline/

I had thought maybe it was this project that through its license had
dragged in all these other references.   In looking at this project's
license in GitHub, though, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I also couldn't easily map these extra licenses to additional references in
the POM, (though maybe I didn't look hard enough).

Would anyone be able to help me better understand this module's licensing?

I'd greatly appreciate it.

Other than this one module, the rest of the modules seem to all be licensed
under ASL 2, with the exception of a reference to the JUNG license in the
tools/maven-plugin.   In this case the POM seems to confirm it is only this
one module with a reference to JUNG, which fits with the licensing for this
module.

Thank you,
Scott Kurz