batchee-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Approach for testing core 'jbatch' function leveraging test utilities?
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 11:48:39 GMT
Hi Scott,

first let me say I'm very happy to see you here!

What I tried to do until today is to make the build "easy" (so i'm not
fan of pulling jaxb outside jbatch module) and make tests running
before deploying (speaking about maven phases).

It means - and AFAIK it is the case - we can have few duplication
dedicated to tests - think the waitForBatch utility is duplicated
IIRC.

IMHO jbatch module should really be seen as the kernel and can't
depends on the ecosystem around. I'm really not a fan of itests
modules since they build after the module you work in and that's the
best way to break something - if I'm alone please shout ;).

We can create test module from a shade of batchee-jbatch test jar if
the duplication becomes too important but I think it shouldn't be the
case.

Do you have some concrete example (pseudo code maybe) to try to think
more specifically on your case?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/