batchee-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject OpenEJBJobOperatorClassLoaderFinder
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2014 09:06:28 GMT
This gets a -1 from me.

>From the docs:
// simple impl taking just *the* other app if tomee deploys a single application
// or a specific one if you specifiy in properties batchee.application

This does not work with _any_ other server.
This does not work if there are more than 1 webapp.
This does not even work in the standard TomEE installation as there are default apps already
installed.

We simply cannot do this. I agree with you that we need a way to start jobs from another app,
but imo we should think hard to find a more generic solution as already noted in BATCHEE-16

A 'naked' BatchEE WAR does imo not make much sense _at the moment_. And if so, we can only
_read_ the status from the DB and not start batches, etc.

There are 2 use cases which work perfectly fine atm:

1.) standalone batch job using CLI (self made with DeltaSpike CdiCtrl, need to test our new
batchee-cli module yet)
2.) a Batch WAR which contains the batchee-servlet and all the Batches I have in my application.
All other use cases needs a clean idea still.

LieGrue,
strub