axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: axis2 spring tomcat 8 issue
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2016 13:19:05 GMT
if the only configuration item you changed is upgrading Tomcat7 to Tomcat8 then contact Tomcat
Users Listusers-subscribe@tomcat.apache.org
you will have to confirm your subscriptionthen ask the same question to mark thomas
Please let us know what he says
Martin

Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 08:43:42 -0400
Subject: axis2 spring tomcat 8 issue
From: bplgm78@gmail.com
To: java-dev@axis.apache.org; java-user@axis.apache.org

Axis2 team:I have been working on an issue for the past few days and wanted to check with
you guys if you have any suggestions on fixing this issue.My current technology stack is:
windows 7, java 7/8, tomcat 8, axis2 1.6.3.I have a web service that is very basic and it
just connects to a database and reads some info and spits out the info it read.I have setup
a Jndi resource for the datasource.  In the service's init class's startup method, I am attempting
to load the spring's ApplicationContext and thereby load the jndi resource.All of this used
to work well with the combination of java 7, tomcat 7.x axis2 1.6.3.Recently due to a need
to upgrade to newer version of tomcat, I upgraded to tomcat 8. this resulted in "Name not
found" exception.  I ditched the spring's usage of finding jndi resource and used the initContext
to lookup the jndi resource and it worked fine. I have to use spring to find the jndi context
since most of our applications are already using spring and if i need to change every single
one of them it is a tedious process. We also have a unix environment that I tested this with
and I didnt find any issues there. ie., I used spring to load the jndi resource, tomcat 8.x,
java 7, axis2 1.6.3.I have also posted this issue on the stackoverflow site but haven't had
much luck finding a solution to the issue. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36207119/tomcat-8-axis2-webservices-aar-spring-jndi-not-bound-in-context

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,Bhanu Lakkala