axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Stadelmann Josef <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: Downloading huge binary files using MTOM
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:48:11 GMT
Hi

thanks a lot, I will think about what you describe.

Meanwhile I found out that the first exception occurs at the svcutil.exe generated WCF client
proxy.
After that, my SpezplaFS (FileService) just raises a "broken pipe" exception.

Looking closer says me that the service already has a stream in effect and does not buffer
the whole file.
So the service seams to behave properly, at least for downloads.

My focus needs to be at the client side and that is making a proxy without using a svcutil.exe
generated code.
That is to say, I shall have a stream from the WCF framework and feed that, buffered or not,
into a file.

How to do that is still a bit of a mystery for me.
And I think for many others too because seldom you find someone knowing the ( Axis2 / JAXWS
/ JAXB ) and
the other part, the WCF side very well.

Josef

Von: Okken,Brett [mailto:BOKKEN@CERNER.COM]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. April 2015 15:38
An: java-user@axis.apache.org; axis-user@ws.apache.org
Betreff: RE: Downloading huge binary files using MTOM

This should be possible by building a custom javax.activation.DataSource implementation which
is capable of generating the InputStream on demand (and potentially multiple times).

You may run into problems with some extensions (such as rampart for JAX-WS) that may require
converting to a DOM representation, which forces the binary content into the xml itself.

Brett Okken | CAMM Platform Services | Knowledge Architect | 816.201.6112 | www.cerner.com<http://www.cerner.com>