axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "robertlazarski ." <robertlazar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 / Spring3 / .aar file
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 13:29:53 GMT
On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 8:48 AM, Simone <mo44@gmx.de> wrote:
> I copied the mysql connector jar to the web-inf/lib folder... now it works.
> But I prefer that it's using the jars from the .aar file.
> Is the lib folder the correct place for the jars in the .aar file???

Some libs like hibernate and DB drivers must be loaded from  the
Thread Context ClassLoader (TCCL) of the Servlet container, ie
WEB-INF/lib. Hibernate in particular AFAIK requires the TCCL.

I went thru my email history on this from way back around the axis2
1.0 days, and the conclusion was that some things cannot be loaded
from the AAR.

- R