axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: [AXIS2] Installing Axis 1.6.2 in Tomcat
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 08:03:39 GMT
Did you manage to build run and understand the simple axis2 samples?
Are they running?

Is the axis2 happyness page at
 http://integ1:8080/axis2/axis2-web/HappyAxis.jsp
  showing proper information?

Can you see your deployed service using
  http://integ1:8080/axis2/services/listServices ?

how is your solution packaged?
what and where did you deploy your solution to /tomcat_home/webapps?

given your solution is packaged in mysolution.war,
 can you see a directory /tomcat_home/webapps/mysolution ?

given your solution is packaged in mysolution.aar,
 can you see a directory /tomcat_home/webapps/axis2/web-inf/services
  containing mysolution.aar?

Is the service.xml provided and deployed properly?

Josef

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Marcin Wieczorek [mailto:marcin@clockwork-bits.pl]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. September 2013 13:36
An: java-user@axis.apache.org
Betreff: [AXIS2] Installing Axis 1.6.2 in Tomcat

Hi, I am using Tomcat to run webservice on Azure platform. I use JSF and standard beans. Since
I need to consume SOAP service I decided to use Axis. I started with adding Maven dependencies
to pom.xml:

         <dependency>
             <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
             <artifactId>axis2-kernel</artifactId>
             <version>1.6.2</version>
         </dependency>
         <dependency>
             <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
             <artifactId>axis2-adb</artifactId>
             <version>1.6.2</version>
         </dependency>

I need above dependencies to compile my class generated using WSDL2JAVA from Axis. Unfortunately
after I include generated class and Maven dependencies I run into problems. I get exceptions
if I try to connect to my webservice (I don't even touch SOAP now, just using simple JSF pages
which worked before including Axis dependencies):

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Null InputStream is not a valid argu

com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.createSR(WstxInputFactory.java:614)
	com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.createXMLStreamReader(WstxInputFactory.java:317)

ment

I don't include full stack beacause it's quite large.

Question is: does Axis install anything in it's default configuration which can interfere
with other mechanisms (class finding, injection, servlets etc.)?

--
Clockwork Bits Software Marcin Wieczorek http://clockwork-bits.pl/
REGON: 100800499, NIP: 7281735575