axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [axis2-mtom] how to deal with line endings among platforms
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 10:23:56 GMT
Josef

convert DOS files to UNIX
dos2unix (comes with cygwin)
http://www.cygwin.com/

If you are processing images.. any reason why FileOutputStream is a better handler than FileImageOutputStream
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/imageio/stream/FileImageOutputStream.html

    if (f.exists() && f.canWrite()) {
                f.delete();            }else
{
//use the existing file handle before writing it out..
//you will have to know the exact length of the file before writing it out
}

?
Martin
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung

Subject: [axis2-mtom] how to deal with line endings among platforms
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 11:01:15 +0200
From: josef.stadelmann@axa-winterthur.ch
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org

[axis2-mtom] how to deal with line endings among platforms

Hi all,

I have a web service client realized in C#.NET WCF and a Axis2-1-6-1 MTOM web service with
a up- and download method.

It works perfect and byte transparent as long as I transfer binaries such as Word Document,
Excel Spread Sheets .docx, doc, .xslx, xls, xlsm, bmp, jpeg, etc. files.

Now I have to move .PAS files from my server to the client on a PC for development and that’s
where I need your recommendations

On the OpenVMS Server a .PAS file is saved with the following file attributes RFM:VAR,  RAT:CR

saying the record format RFM is variable and the record attribute RAT is carriage return controlled.

The RFM:VAR says that each record does not need a LF or CR or CRLF to terminate the line BUT

but the record starts with a  two byte character count telling how many ISO-LATIN1 characters
are in the record.

I know that all JAVA used Stream_LF only, I can use that as well to edit by i.e. EDT on the
Server;

However each time someone edits such a file on a PC, by default Windows/DOS appends CRLF to
the end of the line, and just moving such a file now with MTOM to the server makes the PASCAL
compiler complaining about an illegal character at the end of the line which is the CR, while
the LF is considered by the PASCAL compiler.

My question is now;

How can I, best at the server, convert this CRLF to a LF only, or even better to a VAR file,
by adding a short to the begin of the record

and remove the DOS CRLF line termination.

Is there a possibility to configure my service client or server side to replace each CRLF
with a LF i.e. when a certain fikle extension is seen i.e. ".PAS, .TXT"

The issue is that MTOM delivers to the service an ImageDepot which is a DataHandler which
provides stream of bytes, which I processes as all my binaries like

    private void processImageDepot(ImageDepot data, String fname, String owner, String protection)

            throws Exception, IOException, InterruptedException {

        DataHandler dh = data.getImageData();

        if (dh != null) {

            File f = new File(fname);

            if (f.exists() && f.canWrite()) {

                f.delete();

            }

            FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream(f);

            dh.writeTo(fos);

            fos.flush();

            fos.close();

                // post processing to correct file-attributes, -owner and -protection

            if ("OpenVMS".equalsIgnoreCase(this.OperatingSystem)) {

                Process pid;

                String[][] args = {

                    {"/sys$login/test.com", f.getPath(), owner, protection}

                    {"/sys$login/compile.com", f.getPath(), "/DEBUG/NOOPTIMIZE"}

                };

                for (int j = 0; j < args.length; j++) {

                    // j goes over command lines

                    for (int i = 0; i < args[j].length; i++) {

                        // i goers over aguments in command line

                        log.info("args[" + j + "][" + i + "] " + args[j][i]);

                    }

                    try {

                        pid = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(args[j]);

                        pid.waitFor();

                    } catch (IllegalArgumentException e) {

                        log.error("Don't know how to activate son");

                        log.error(e.getMessage(), e);

                    }

                }

            }

        } else {

            log.error(">> [ERROR] - ImageDepot was not null, but did not contain binary
data");

        }