axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject [axis2] 1.6.1 - jax-ws
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 15:45:51 GMT
We already have
a)	Apache Axis2 and
b)	JAX-WS
	Web Services on a OpenVMS 4 core Itanium, Java 1.6.0_26 / Tomcat
5.5.26 server in use

BUT
for huge file transfers
upload/download in a streaming mode
not to run into heap space problems
what is the best / robust technology to use
a)	Apache Axis2,
b)	JAX-WS or
c)	Apache CXF

Any hints or examples appreciated !

The current implementation is a JAX-WS MTOM enabled web service
@javax.xml.ws.BindingType(value =
javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPBinding.SOAP12HTTP_MTOM_BINDING)
which works nicely on a fast 8 core Itanium OpenVMS with java 1.6.0-p2
from HP
getting feed by a Vista Visual Studio C# WCF/.NET 4.0 Client (also MTOM
enabled)

The same service implementation (moved just the war file to the other
machine)
fails on a slower 2 core Itanium OpenVMS with java 1.6.0-4 from HP, with
a " java out of heap space".

So I guess something is wrong with my upload design.

Josef