axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Gueugaie <gueug...@gmail.com>
Subject SwA/MTOM attachment caching using Axis2-SAAJ
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 09:50:22 GMT
Hi list,

I am currently adding binary elements support to an existing application
where the SOAP stack is extensively based on the SAAJ. The implementation
being Axis2 1.5.6.

The attachments caching feature of Axis2/Axiom would be really usefull for
me, unfortunately, I see no way to activate it when parsing a message
(given as an InputStream) through Axis's implementation of MessageFactory.
>From my understanding of the source, the SOAPMessageImpl is hard coded to
instanciate a non caching Attachments instance, without any configuration
element being available to change that.

Am I missing something ? Is there really no way for axis2-saaj to create
SOAPMessage instances with attachment caching from an InputStream ?

Given the extensive use of the SAAJ Api in our codebase, switching to a
"native" Axis API (using AxisServlet, Axiom elements, ...) is not really an
option I would like to follow, and I'd like to avoid overloading the
MessageFactoryImpl and other package dependant classes.

Thanks for any input,
Gueugaie.