axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yashwanth Rajaram -X (yrajaram - ZENSAR TECHNOLOGIES INC at Cisco)" <yraja...@cisco.com>
Subject MIMEBoundary after enabling MTOM for requests with or without attachments
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 20:32:46 GMT
Hi All:

I have this question on attachments in Axis2; I had asked this a while ago but didn't get
any responses. We are stuck with this and so would greatly appreciate your thoughts/pointers/answers.

Until recently our Axis based service implementation was not supporting attachments. We now
enabled attachments support by enabling MTOM/SwA in our service.xml. After this we see that
whether our clients send attachments or not in the requests they always get the response along
with a new MIME boundary header like the one below which seems to break their code that was
build earlier when we were not supporting attachments:

> --MIME_boundary
> message data
> --MIME_boundary
> message data
> --MIME_boundary--

According to http://www.ws-i.org/profiles/attachmentsprofile-1.0-2004-08-24.html#Messages_with_No_Attachments
if the requests do not have attachments then the response should not contain mime boundary.
So how to support attachments so that if the requests do not have attachments then the responses
won't have mime boundaries?

Sincerely,
Yashwanth
Technical Architect, EBIS