axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ockleford Paul (NHS CONNECTING FOR HEALTH)" <paul.ocklef...@nhs.net>
Subject Async services
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 15:10:19 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to create a service which exposes asynchronous methods in the same way as this
document describes: http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/jaxws-guide.html#Async

I am having quite a lot of trouble getting either of the examples to work., even trying to
expose a method with a return type of Future<?> seems to result in an error when axis
starts up.

My first question is where can I download the source code related to the snippets, it would
be nice to be able to see the implementation of the methods described in the interface.

Second question is whether anybody has a link to a good document that details this process.
I have tried to follow quite a few tutorials today and have still not ended up with a working
demo.

Finally does the method described on the axis website work for stub code generated from a
wsdl? I don't seem to be able to get a handle on my CreditScoreService object like the example
client shows so I have no idea how to actually get a Request object back.

Any help would be good as I am currently stuck on this.

Thanks,

Paul

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please
inform the
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in
reliance on its contents:

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and
Scotland
NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail
and GSi recipients