axis-java-user mailing list archives

From am am <akme...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Axis SSL authentication help!
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 06:26:05 GMT
I can't upgrade to Axis 2 and one of the main reasons is that I am consuming a WSDL that use
RPC-Encoding.
As far as I know this is not supported in Axis2 right?
So now I am in deadend?

________________________________
 From: Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com>
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:03 AM
Subject: RE: Axis SSL authentication help!

need to skip any server authentication in some requests (e.g. use SunFakeTrustSocketFactory).

MG>you need to retask this to use 2 separate webapps
MG>one which will authenticate your credentials with MySSLSocketFactory
MG>one which not authenticate which will use SunFakeTrustSocketFactory

MG>this is very clumsy and your options for specifying the security algorithm of your choosing
as well as custom keysize are quite limited

________________________________
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 13:37:28 -0800
From: akmeref@yahoo.com
Subject: Axis SSL authentication help!
To: java-user@axis.apache.org

Hi,
I am using Axis 1 and need to do SSL authentication of a web service.
I found that I need to use: AxisProperties.setProperty("axis.socketSecureFactory","com.example.MySSLSocketFactory");
to set my custom factory and trust managers.
Problem: I also need to skip any server authentication in some requests (e.g. use SunFakeTrustSocketFactory).
I assume that this AxisProperties.setProperty is some central property that affects all threads,
right? So how could I implement my use case?
Keep reseting AxisProperties.setProperty before each web service call? Is this the proper
way? But I found this bug ticket that seems to complaint that once the socket factory is set
in AxisProperties it is cached and any new setting has not effect:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-2751?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel#issue-tabs
Is there a workarround for this?
If you could help me here it would be great guys!
Thank you