axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stromas, Aaron" <aaron.stro...@rsa.com>
Subject RE: ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem yields IllegalArgumentException
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 13:49:57 GMT
Good morning, Martin -

First, I have been using the same blessed Rampart modules all along.  Now, to the real issue
- I did as you suggested, i.e., deployed Tomcat 7, Axis2 1.6.2 with the rampart modules from
http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/rampart/download.html. (I also added the Rampart jars to
webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/lib).
Tomcat started fine but, as I mentioned, I'm operating in a very tightly controlled environment.
The browser proxy setting did not allow me to connect to http://localhost:8080 and I'm not
authorized to change proxy setting. The upshot, I can't verify the rampart module using the
admin tool.

Now, I'd like to test this deployment but, I am not running a web application but a standalone
client and I initialize the configuration context from the repository

ConfigurationContext ctx = ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem("c:/stage/axis2-1.6.2/repository",
null);

How can I use the modules installed in Tomcat for my non-web client?

TIA,

-a

________________________________
From: aaron.stromas@rsa.com
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 17:25:23 -0400
Subject: RE: ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem yields IllegalArgumentException
Hello, Martin -

Thank you for the suggestion. I know, this is my problem, but my target environment is very
restricted one and it's windows XP sp3. I've used downloaded rampart modules on my winsdows
7 and they seem to work fine.  I can't build natively on the target machine, where I cannot
install any build tools, but I did so on my windows 7 machine. It appears to be an issue related
to the target platform.

I did follow the instructions you referenced. As I mentioned, I don't seem to have the same
issue on my development machine (unfortunately, no access to the web service from it).

Thanks again,

-a