axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stromas, Aaron" <aaron.stro...@rsa.com>
Subject RE: ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem yields IllegalArgumentException
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 17:22:46 GMT
Hi Martin,

Please, bear with me. Where is the module.xml come from and where should it reside? I have
followed the article http://wso2.org/library/3190#Step_1._Deploying_the_module_and_necessary_jars
which never mentioned modules.xml, nor did I see it mentioned on the Rampart site.
I am using Axis/Rampart to consume the web service written in .NET and the client is a standalone
application, so META-INF isn't applicable.

Having examined axis2.xml extracted from the axis2-kernel.jar I see that it references the
addressing module, so I attempted to add the rampart and rahas modules, as well. It did not
help me much.  Thanks to your explanation I understand that these modules need to be configured,
but where should that configuration file be placed in case of the client?

TIA,

-a

From: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgainty@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 13 August, 2012 12:59
To: java-user@axis.apache.org; Stromas, Aaron
Subject: RE: ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem yields IllegalArgumentException

Aaron

If the InputStream is null this means your module.xml is either incorrectly configured and
or classes missing when you package your rampart*.mar
can we take a look at the META-INF\module.xml..my copy for 1.4 is:

<module name="rampart" class="org.apache.rampart.Rampart">

    <Description>This module provides the WS-Security and WS-SecureConversation
    functionalities for Axis2, based on Apache WSS4J, Apache XML-Security
    and Apache Rahas implementations.
    </Description>

    <InFlow>
        <handler name="PolicyBasedSecurityInHandler" class="org.apache.rampart.handler.RampartReceiver">
            <order phase="Security" phaseFirst="true"/>
        </handler>
        <handler name="SecurityInHandler" class="org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllReceiver">
            <order phase="Security"/>
        </handler>
        <handler name="PostDispatchVerificationHandler" class="org.apache.rampart.handler.PostDispatchVerificationHandler">
            <order phase="Dispatch" phaseLast="true"/>
        </handler>

    </InFlow>

    <OutFlow>
        <handler name="SecurityOutHandler" class="org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllSender">
            <order phase="Security"/>
        </handler>
        <handler name="PolicyBasedSecurityOutHandler" class="org.apache.rampart.handler.RampartSender">
            <order phase="Security" phaseLast="true"/>
        </handler>
    </OutFlow>

    <OutFaultFlow>
        <handler name="PolicyBasedSecurityOutHandler" class="org.apache.rampart.handler.RampartSender">
            <order phase="Security" phaseLast="true"/>
        </handler>
    </OutFaultFlow>

    <InFaultFlow>
        <handler name="PolicyBasedSecurityInHandler" class="org.apache.rampart.handler.RampartReceiver">
            <order phase="Security" phaseFirst="true"/>
        </handler>
    </InFaultFlow>

    <supported-policy-namespaces namespaces="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy"/>
    <local-policy-assertions>