axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jack Sprat <rexclaim...@yahoo.com>
Subject [Axis2] REST web service
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 21:09:05 GMT
I have a WSDL 1.1 web service with 2 operations.  The service was generated from the WSDL
with Axis2 1.6.1.  One operation is a simple echo that I am trying to invoke via REST.  The
echo operation should return the request string in the response.  I can access the operation
but nothing comes back in the response.  I thought it should work like this:
http://mywebservice.com/test/services/ShipmentTrackingService/echo?echoRequest=test

I get a response but there is nothing in the response element.  It works fine when invoked
via SOAP with soapUI.  The response I get is:
<ship:echoResponse xmlns:ship=http://mynamespace.com/shipmenttracking; />

The pertinent parts of the WSDL are shown below.

<wsdl:types>
<xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://mywebservice.com/shipmenttracking%22;
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema%22%3Epe%3E%3Cxsd:simpleType name="EchoRequestType">
<xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
<xsd:maxLength value="100"/>
</xsd:restriction>
</xsd:simpleType>
<!-- Echo Request Type -->
<xsd:element name="echoRequest" type="tns:EchoRequestType"/>
<!-- Echo Response Type --><xsd:element name="echoResponse" type="xsd:string"/>
</xsd:schema>
</wsdl:types>

<!-- Define SOAP message names. -->
<wsdl:message name="echoRequestMsg"><wsdl:part name="echoRequest" element="tns:echoRequest"></wsdl:part></wsdl:message>
<wsdl:message name="echoResponseMsg"><wsdl:part name="echoResponse" element="tns:echoResponse"></wsdl:part></wsdl:message>

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.