axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: [axis2-1.6.1] jax-ws 2.0 and JavaClassToDBCConverter of axis2-1.6.1
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 16:44:49 GMT
Hi Martin

or everyone able to help me.

after all I have found what causes me the problem, the stack dump as shown in a previous mail.
Understanding is required to develop a solution.

The problem is that rt.jar has a Webfault.calss under javax.xml.ws; (checked using $ jar tf
rt.jar | grep Webfault) for both jdk1.6.0_30 and jdk1.7.0_03/jre/lib/rt.jar's

Then I extracted the two classes, one after each other, and then I used $ javap -c Webfault
to see a de-compilation without any side effects of high level tools such as NetBeans!!!

The result was as such.

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_30\jre\lib>javap -c WebFault

Compiled from "WebFault.java"

public interface javax.xml.ws.WebFault extends java.lang.annotation.Annotation{

public abstract java.lang.String name();

public abstract java.lang.String targetNamespace();

public abstract java.lang.String faultBean();

}

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_03\jre\lib>javap -c WebFault

Compiled from "WebFault.java"

public interface javax.xml.ws.WebFault extends java.lang.annotation.Annotation{

public abstract java.lang.String name();

public abstract java.lang.String targetNamespace();

public abstract java.lang.String faultBean();

public abstract java.lang.String messageName();

}

As you can see the WebFault of jdk1.7 has one interface to an attribute more, and the relevant
implementation WebFaultAnnot.class supports this by getters and setters is called through
the use of the proper Interface class residing in rt.jar which is either jdk1.6 or jdk1.7
specific.

Our OpenVMS runs on JDK1.6 and HP does not yet provide JDK1.7, we'r just about to have a meeting
tomorrow with the responsible HP Enterprise Account Manager and some experts tomorrow about
a clear Java for OpenVMS road map. and other issues.

But until then . . .  I think I need to endorse something. But what?

Under C:\Program Files\NetBeans 7.1.2\java\modules\ext\jaxws22\api I have found jaxws-api.jar
which has a WebFault.class and extracting the WebFault.class and looking at it with javap
-c WebFault shows me that this WebFault.class has 4 interfaces to Attributes while the previous
NetBeans 7.1.1 comes with the same file but has  a WebFault.class with only 3 interfaces to
attributes. This has confused me before I realized that this classes may have some compile
time effect only but at run time the class is taken from the active jre/lib/rt.jar.

That is why I can compile great but run into problems when I want to deploy my web service
solution into webapps of Catalina/Tomcat, but only if it runs under jdk1.6

Question: would it be sufficient to endorse the api jar file(s) found under C:\Program Files\NetBeans
7.1.2\java\modules\ext\jaxws22\api to a jdk1.6/jre7lib/endorsed directory?

The files are

jaxws-api.jar

jsr181-api.jar

jsr250-api.jar

saaj-api.jar

because I think endorsing the full rt.jar from jdk1.7 to the jre of jdk1.6 does not work,
is too much of an endorsement.

I ask this also because I do not understand what you have suggested me by packaging the FileNotFoundWs.class
in a jar and endorse only this one. I am really confused with that. Because this FileNotFoundWs.class
is just a wrapper which through @WebFault(name, targetnamespace, faultbean, messagename) engages
further interfaces and implementations residing at the proper rt.jar or in one of the small
api jars such as jaxws-api.jar delivered with NetBeans 7.1.*

Josef - very thanks full for your thoughts - and sorry if I miss a bit of understanding of
java.