axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 as Proxy Server
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:18:30 GMT
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Smith Centos <smith.centos@gmail.com> wrote:

> mainly, I want an open source "XML Security Gateway" but i did not found
> any.
>
> So Firstly, I want a "web service proxy" that can be deployed as a reverse
> proxy or transparent proxy between customer and provider and
> if this proxy supports WS-Specifications like WS-Security is better (like
> the service proxy feature of Apache Synapse).
>
> And Secondly, I want to add XML Firewalling to it.
>
> If axis2 is able to deploy as a reverse proxy (with support of Rampart and
> also other apache WS-* frameworks for adding WS-* to axis2) the first step
> is done. I found axis2 the best and popular engine for web services. Do any
> other Apache web services framework is appropriate for my case instead of
> Axis2?
>
> It seems ESBs (like Apache Synapse) perform first step completely but this
> is a little part of the functionality of ESBs and they are not suitable for
> my case (Because of differences between XML Security Gateways and
> Enterprise Service Buses).

I think it's possible to use Synapse as a security gateway too, please see
this sample [1]. Synapse is originally developed as a web service  **mediation
engine and it's light weight compare to other traditional ESBs.  I believe
you can find better answer contacting Synapse user list.

[1] - http://synapse.apache.org/Synapse_Samples.html#Sample200

Thanks !

> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  if you can you be more specific on what you want to do we can suggest an
>> XML Schema that will work
>>
>> the security mechanism you will implement will be specific to the Lookup
>> Service eg
>> Active-Directory
>> LDAP
>>
>> Steer clear of ESB unless you're prepared  to deal with CXFBCProvider
>> problems (Hint: CXF does NOT create client stubs for every wsdl Axis
>> currently supports!)
>>
>> why not use Rampart?
>> Martin Gainty
>> Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de confidentialité
>>
>> Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene
>> Empfaenger sein, so bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte
>> Weiterleitung oder Fertigung einer Kopie ist unzulaessig. Diese Nachricht
>> dient lediglich dem Austausch von Informationen und entfaltet keine
>> rechtliche Bindungswirkung. Aufgrund der leichten Manipulierbarkeit von
>> E-Mails koennen wir keine Haftung fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.
>>
>> Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire
responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.