axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Frettloeh <Simon.Frettl...@EXXETA.de>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Migrate from Axis1 to Axis2 for CLOSE_WAIT issue?
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 12:30:59 GMT
Hi Senthil,

I had the same problems, see also the thread "Is Axis (not Axis2) still
being developed?" on this list.

Am 03.02.2012 07:15, schrieb senthil.sekar@wipro.com:
> Is there an alternative solution with minimal impact (which can be
> applied ontop of exisiting Axis 1.2 itself) to overcome this CLOSE_WAIT
> issue?

I fixed one of the bugs (already known in AXIS-2498) by doing the
changes by myself. Generally I did the following:

1. Downloaded the Axis1 source code from e.g. git repository
(git://git.apache.org/axis1.git) or used the source you can attach using
Maven (then extract the source code from your local Maven repository). I
do not remember anymore, which one I took.

2. Changed the sources according to the descriptions/patch in the above
mentioned bug report.

3. Compiled the source code.

4. Extracted the generated class files (only those which refer to Java
files I touched to fix the bug)

5. Integrated/updated these class files in the existing axis jar file
using e.g. 7-Zip. Et voilá, there is your updated self-patched axis jar
file.

My purpose was to have minimal changes as possible, that's why I kind of
patched the axis jar files.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,
Simon

--
Simon Frettlöh
Consultant

EXXETA AG
Albert-Nestler-Str. 11
D-76131 Karlsruhe

fax    +49(0) 721/6105 1599
mobil  +49(0) 162/260 36 99

mail   Simon.Frettloeh@EXXETA.de
web    www.EXXETA.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft:

EXXETA AG
Albert-Nestler-Str. 9, D-76131 Karlsruhe

Vorstände:
Achim Kirchgässner, Andreas Ritter

Aufsichtsratvorsitzender:
Klaus Wybranietz
USt-IdNr. DE813026499
Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 702566

Dieses E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte
Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind,
informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese E-Mail.
Das unbefugte Kopieren dieser E-Mail oder die unbefugte Weitergabe der
enthaltenen Informationen ist nicht gestattet.

The information contained in this message is confidential or protected
by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
and delete this message. Any unauthorised copying of this message or
unauthorised distribution of the information contained herein is prohibited.