axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Donald Kintzing <dmkintz...@mt.sri.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 - Can a handler forward to a remote service.
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 21:47:26 GMT
Thanks Deepal,
  I was able to add a client inside a handler and send a request to a remote service.  Now
when I get the remote call back I want to bypass the Axis2 attempt to call the local service,
that does not exist, and get the remote call into the outflow handlers is that possible?

Thanks,
Donald Kintzing

On Nov 30, 2011, at 10:31 AM, Deepal jayasinghe wrote:

> Apache Synapse does something similar to what you described, you can
> either try it or you can implement in your own way. You can invoke a
> remote service either inside a handler or in the message receiver. An
> easiest way to do is to create service client inside the handler (or
> Message Receiver) and forward the request to the correct host.
>
> Deepal
>> Hi,
>>
>>  I have a situation where I have a central Axis2 node that receives web service requests.
 Some of the requests are know by Axis2 and exist on the local machine.  Some of the services
are not registered with Axis2 and exist on remote machines.  What I am trying to do is add
a handler that knows where the remote services are, so that it can check the incoming request
and if it is on a remote machine it will modify the request and forward it to a remote node.
 Can this be done?  Is the handler a viable solution?