axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Maxwell <grant.maxw...@maxan.com.au>
Subject error handling - please help
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:38:35 GMT
Hi

I am writing a java/axis2 program to access a remote service written in .Net.

The problem I am having is that when the remote service does not like our request for some
reason it does not return a soap message but rather outputs an
http message like:
Server was unable to process request. ---> ERROR: 22003: integer out of range

Of course axis2 does spits the dummy with:

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException: Unexpected character
'S' (code 83) in prolog; expected '<'
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,1]
	at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:430)
	at org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createSOAPMessage(TransportUtils.java:123)
	at org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createSOAPMessage(TransportUtils.java:67)
	at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(OutInAxisOperation.java:354)
	at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:421)
	at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:229)
	at org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:165)
	at com.XXXXXX.api.DistributorStub.insertLocation(DistributorStub.java:1111)
	at org.opengts.servers.taip.TrackClientPacketHandler.parseInsertRecord_RTCP(TrackClientPacketHandler.java:693)
	at org.opengts.servers.taip.TrackClientPacketHandler.parseInsertRecord(TrackClientPacketHandler.java:177)
	at org.opengts.servers.taip.TrackClientPacketHandler.getHandlePacket(TrackClientPacketHandler.java:163)
	at org.opengts.util.ServerSocketThread$ServerSessionThread.run(ServerSocketThread.java:1444)

I'm quite new to axis2 and am struggling with how to capture this message and deal with it.
My first instinct is to get the original text from the failed message and log the reason,
but I cant work out how to retrieve the text message.
I was only able to get the message (above) via tcpdump and wireshark :(

Can anyone please tell me how to access the incoming message text ?

or

how to better handle this exception in such a way as to log the cause.

regards
Grant