axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: [Axis2] NPE during load in DeploymentFileData.getName
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 07:53:00 GMT
Hi Neil,

Why not taking down tomcat one more time and removing / cleaning up all its directories.

Just get away with it all to avoid any File System and File Owner Problems.

Then login as root user and re-install Tomcat
After Tomcat starts up can you see the Tomcat Hello Page using your web browser? http://localhost:8080
Can you run all the servlet examples using Tomcat?
Can you run all the JSP Example Pages using Tomcat?

What IDE are you using?
Is it possible to make a simple HelloWorld web application, creating HelloWorld.war
on the fly using your favorite IDE and then deploy HelloWorld.war to the tomcat/webapps directory.

Then check that Tomcat has
a) recognized this new web application
b) made under ./webapps a directory with the name HelloWorld in which you will find your web
application

Maybe you need to check tomcat configurations that tomcat can deploy on the fly by detecting
a .WAR in its ./webapps dir.

If simple things like that don't work, axis2 will never work!

My issue is, I do not have too much know-how about any UNIX like system and in particular
- CentOS - is this a virtual OS?

How do I have to interpret " Virtual private server with CentOS 5.5 preinstalled"

Because if virtual servers come into the game it gets even more complex.

Josef

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----