axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: REST and Domain-Driven Apps.
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:48:04 GMT

Hi Dan

does ISIS architecture support REST requirements?
If so ..how?
Client–serverStatelessCacheableClient–serveeStatelessCacheableLayered systemCode on demand
(optional)Uniform interfaceLayered systemCode on demand (optional)Uniform interface?
Martin Gainty

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 19:23:19 +0100
From: dan@haywood-associates.co.uk
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Subject: REST and Domain-Driven Apps.

Hi all,
This is a slightly speculative posting; apologies if this isn't relevant
to you.

I'm a committer on Apache Isis [1], which is a framework for rapidly
developing domain-driven apps.  One of the features we're currently
working on is to provide a module that automatically exposes a domain
object model via a set of RESTful resources, using REST.  Because this
is a framework-agnostic API, we've chosen to define this as a standalone
spec, called "Restful Objects".  In fact, in addition to Apache Isis (on
Java) there is another framework (on .NET) that will also be
implementing the API.

I'm guessing that some people reading this mailing list are using Axis
to develop REST.  So, if that's you and you have some thoughts on how
REST should be implemented, then I'd really appreciate any review
comments you might have on the spec.

The spec is downloadable from http://restfulobjects.org, in PDF (and
other) formats.

Thanks