axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Evan Patton <pat...@rpi.edu>
Subject Re: Schemas of nested classes
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 13:24:40 GMT
Thanks Amila,

I am using Axis2 and my services.xml file currently specifies a targetNamespace on the <service>
tag as well as a nested schemaNamespace attribute <schema> tag. However, these only
seem to apply for the class named in <parameter name="serviceClass"> field. How would
I specify that there is a mapping for the entire package? I've been using this page http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/axis2config.html#Service_Configuration
as a basis for writing my services.xml.

Evan

On Sep 1, 2011, at 5:09 AM, Amila Suriarachchi wrote:

> Do you use Axis1.x or Axis2.
>
> if you use Axis2 you can add the package namespace mapping at the services.xml file.
>
> thanks,
> Amila.
>
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 2:54 AM, Evan Patton <pattoe@rpi.edu> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm generating a web service from a POJO, and in some cases return a nested class. In
the XML schema generated by Axis, the types representing the inputs and outputs of the web
service are declared in one target namespace (i.e. where it will be deployed), whereas the
nested class is defined in a different schema with a target namespace equivalent to "http://"+(the
package name with .edu at the end)+"/xsd", rather than being placed in the target namespace
of its containing class. Is there any way to tell Apache Axis what the namespace should be,
either at compile time or through introspection? The package name does not exist as a DNS
name so it doesn't make sense to use it as part of an http address.