axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jack Sprat <rexclaim...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] How to debug NPE
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:49:40 GMT
I've gotten a bit farther and found the error occurred in a custom handler.  The problem is
that nearly all fields (axisOperation, axisService, etc.) in the MessageContext parameter
object are null.

This handler is called from the AxisEngine class, which is called from the HTTPTransportUtils
class.  What would be causing the MessageContext object in the HTTPTransportUtils class to
have the null fields?

Thanks for any tips.

________________________________
From: Jack Sprat <rexclaimer2@yahoo.com>
To: "axis-user@ws.apache.org" <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 3:51 PM
Subject: [Axis2] How to debug NPE

I've got a new Axis2 1.5.2 web service using XML Beans binding.  The code was generated with
WSDL2Java.  I can access the WSDL using the ?wsdl link.
There is a simple echo operation to test connectivity.  This yields a Null Pointer exception
in the SOAP reply.

My question is how do I debug this?  I have a breakpoint in my service class but it is not
getting that far.

Thanks.