axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Barry Hathaway <bhath...@nycap.rr.com>
Subject Returning list arrays
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 14:30:38 GMT
I have a POJO service method at returns a List<Object>[]:

       public List<Object>[] query(String sparcql)

Then in my client I have:

         Class[] queryReturnTypes = new Class[] { List[].class };
         try {
             Object[] queryResponse =
serviceClient.invokeBlocking(queryQName,
                     queryArgs, queryReturnTypes);
             List<Object>[] rs = (List<Object>[]) queryResponse[0];
             for (int i=0; i<rs.length; i++) {
                 log.info("Response from 'query' operation:
"+rs[i].toString());
             }

Debug statements within the query method indicate that I'm returning 2
lists (array size is 2);
however, the above logs statements print out:

Response from 'query' operation: [<empty
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">false</empty>]
Response from 'query' operation: [<empty
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">false</empty>]

If I replace the return type with just List.class then I only get the
first of the two above results.
What gives?  How do I return and reference a List<Object>[]?
Thanks.

Barry Hathaway