axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Tony HEDOUX <hedo...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Can an Axis Webservice be called just like a local method?
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 20:24:26 GMT

Hi, You can call it like a local java method if your web service and your client application
are in the same servlet. But why do you want to do this? Performance issue? Maintenance issue?
Ressource sharing? Tony.From: jcaristi@whisolutions.com
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:54:42 -0400
Subject: RE: Can an Axis Webservice be called just like a local method?

We have an application that exposes both web services and web pages.  The web pages create
request objects and call the service object
 directly, skipping the entire Soap/Rest/XML layer.  We can do this easily, since we have
deployed Axis2 with Spring, and our web page has access (via dependency injection) to the
same service object that is used by Axis2.  I’m not sure if this fits for you,
 but it works in our situation.  It’s a little risky, since it would be possible to create
an invalid request object that doesn’t follow the XML schema rules present in WSDL.  Validation
in the business layer and good unit test coverage minimizes the risk,
 but adds coding/maintenance overhead.