axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Caristi, Joe" <jcari...@whisolutions.com>
Subject RE: Can an Axis Webservice be called just like a local method?
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 19:54:42 GMT
We have an application that exposes both web services and web pages.  The web pages create
request objects and call the service object directly, skipping the entire Soap/Rest/XML layer.
 We can do this easily, since we have deployed Axis2 with Spring, and our web page has access
(via dependency injection) to the same service object that is used by Axis2.  I'm not sure
if this fits for you, but it works in our situation.  It's a little risky, since it would
be possible to create an invalid request object that doesn't follow the XML schema rules present
in WSDL.  Validation in the business layer and good unit test coverage minimizes the risk,
but adds coding/maintenance overhead.
________________________________
From: Yashwanth Rajaram -X (yrajaram - ZENSAR TECHNOLOGIES INC at Cisco) [mailto:yrajaram@cisco.com]
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 3:39 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Can an Axis Webservice be called just like a local method?

Hi All:

We have implemented our own module which is engaged when invoking a Webservice. This Webservice
serves its purpose for external clients. However for client applications that run within the
same host, (to avoid network hop) we would like to invoke this Webservice as a local/Java
method call and we want the module to be invoked too. Is there a way to do this?

thanks,
--
Yashwanth

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify WHI Solutions immediately at gc@whisolutions.com,