axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: Axis Serialization Behavior
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 08:21:40 GMT
Hi Buddhike

Denis é all is right, breaking the contract is bad. But you can also think about how a collection
would be serialized, given a collection of strings can be seen as a type. While this collection
is i.e. a collection of elements and each element has name value pairs of type string. If
you can serialize and de-serialize a collection then you can add as many elements as you like.
This is our approach to exchange unforeseen amounts of screen data from transaction masks
with our server up to the database tables. The axis2 client is very well in receiving and
responding with AXIOM OMElement. And an OMElement can consist any series of nodes parent with
child's and child's with siblings.

The axis2 examples shows a service, guess one of the echo examples, how an OMElement is exchanged
from an axis2 client with the axis2 server.

Now it is up to you to add more nodes to this OMElement and send it to the server, and receive
one from the server. If that works record what is exchanged an make the same between a WCF
Client and a WCF Server. Then take a look at the difference using a SOAP Monitor or a TCPMONITOR.

It's a hard way but it works.

Cheers