axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Two Services Same Name Allowed?
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 05:45:23 GMT
It's only supported in 1.6.0-SNAPSHOT and 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT.

Andreas

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 21:11, Wally Dennis <wally.dennis@aonhewitt.com> wrote:

> Is there something special I need to do to allow this?  When I deploy my .aar to the
services directory, it works fine.  However, when I try to move it to services/1.0, I get
deployment errors indicating it cannot find META-INF/services.xml.

> Any help would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Wally
>

> "Afkham Azeez" <afkham@gmail.com>
>
> 02/01/2011 07:39 PM
>
> Please respond to
> java-user@axis.apache.org

> java-user@axis.apache.org
> cc
> Subject
> Re: Two Services Same Name Allowed?
>

> You can place the two services with the same name in different directory paths;
>
> e.g.
> services/foo/bar/AService.aar
> services/x/y/AService.aar
>
> Now these two services will be deployed as two different services.
>
> Azeez
>
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Meeusen, Christopher W. <Meeusen.Christopher@mayo.edu>
wrote:
> I thought that axis2 didn’t allow multiple services to have the same name, even if
their service classes are from different packages; is this correct?  For example if I have
two services

> <service name="AService">
>
>     <parameter name="ServiceClass" locked="false">pkg1.AService1</parameter>
>

> …
>

> <service name="AService">
>
>     <parameter name="ServiceClass" locked="false">pkg2.AService2</parameter>
>

> Doesn’t Axis blow up when it tries to deploy the second instance of AService?  I would
test this real quick but I’m having issues with my workstation.

> Thanks,
>
> Chris

> --
> Afkham Azeez
> Senior Software Architect & Senior Manager; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com,
>
> Member; Apache Software Foundation; http://www.apache.org/
> email: azeez@wso2.com cell: +94 77 3320919
> blog: http://blog.afkham.org
> twitter: http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez
> linked-in: http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez
>
> Lean . Enterprise . Middleware
>

> ________________________________
> The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may contain information
that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately
alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments.
Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other
than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail
address may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance
with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot
be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or
contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by
e-mail.