axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Bhat B, Niranjan (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <niranjan.bha...@nsn.com>
Subject RE: AXIS2: fixing client sockets used
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2011 13:04:05 GMT
Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the help ! And I get your point.
Could you please let me know that is it possible to bind these clients
to send a  request from a particular IP address/IP interface on the
machine ? This case might occur when the same machine will have multiple
IP addresses .

regards,
Niranjan

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Andreas Veithen [mailto:andreas.veithen@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:55 PM
To: java-user
Subject: Re: AXIS2: fixing client sockets used

If I understand your requirement correctly, you would like Axis2 to
bind the local side of the HTTP connection to a fixed port (using
Socket#bind [1]). This is not supported for two reasons:

1. Axis2 uses commons httpclient which AFAIK doesn't support this.
2. The tuple (src IP, src port, dst IP, dst port) must be unique for a
each TCP connection. Binding to a fixed port would mean that you could
open at most one connection to the destination. This is generally not
what you want for HTTP.

Andreas

[1]
http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/net/Socket.html#bi