axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Romain Larvet" <rlar...@netfinca.com>
Subject GZIP Compression - Server Side configuration
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 10:40:13 GMT
Hello,

I would like to add gzip compression to my axis2 services on server-side and
can't find how to do this. Can someone help?

Here is what I tried:

1)      Service code : I added the following code to my service in the
generated skeleton:

      MessageContext messageContext =
MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext();

      messageContext.setProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_GZIP_RESPONSE,
Boolean.TRUE);

messageContext.setProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_ACCEPT_GZIP, Boolean.TRUE);

2)      Tomcat config : I also tried to modify the server.xml file as
follows:

    <Connector

           port="8080" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"

           enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"

           acceptCount="100" connectionTimeout="20000"

           disableUploadTimeout="true"

           compression="on" compressionMinSize="1"

           noCompressionUserAgents="gozilla, traviata"

           compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml"

           />

Even with this config, when I monitor requests and responses with Eclipse
TCP/IP Monitor I see no compression in the message content, and I don't see
the header Content-Encoding : gzip

Can you tell me if I forgot something?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Romain Larvet