axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stadelmann Josef" <>
Subject AW: ADB Client Access Returned Soap Env?
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 08:24:55 GMT
Hi Chris,

Just to clarify: do you want to have access to the envelope or one of
the two items referenced by the envelope which is the soap-header-part
or the soap-body-part?

You get back a response and that is what you can refer to as the
applications payload. That is the content of an envelope, the soap-body.
Why would you need to have access (as you write it) to the envelope as
the outer most part in a sopa/xml message? The envelope has a
soap-header (like any envelope should have) and a soap-body part.
Application requests from a client and responses from a server are
shipped in the soap-body. While Infrastructure items like soap-headers
are sent by client and server in the header-part and are handled by the
infrastructure of axis2 (client and server) through modules and other
axis2 engine related layers.

If you want to access the message-soap-body-part, then .-1 is the way to
go. And the Axiom OMElement omElt as .-1 said can be traversed by nodes
from parent to child and from sibling to sibling through Axiom routines.

Von: Meeusen, Christopher W. []
Gesendet: Montag, 14. Februar 2011 18:15
Betreff: ADB Client Access Returned Soap Env?

I have an ADB client that is working fine, but I would like to get the
contents of the soap envelope and store that XML/String somewhere for
comparisons later in my app.  I'm able to do a round trip to the server
and my stub is populated fine with all the elements, but how do I access
the returned envelope itself?

I've been looking through the docs here but I don't see a method to
retrieve this.

View raw message