axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: Lifecycle interface
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 08:55:34 GMT
Is destroy called by the server itself?

Are you talking about a service in scope="soapsession"?

If yes, destroy() gets called when

a) the service has timed-out (configured in axiom.xml) and

b) when a next request (not necessarily to the same service or
servicegroupId) is received at the server.

Our parameter:

<parameter name="ConfigContextTimeoutInterval">28800000</parameter>

In scope="soapsession"

When a request arrives a check is made for timed out services.

Therefore the destroy method is called only when a request comes in and
this housekeeping finds the timeout condition.

Unfortunately we have no method to force the timeout..

Only in case when timeout-condition for a servicegroupId exists the
destroy() is sent to the service and taken of a list of long lasting
services.

Josef