axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: Get the following error: NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.log4j.Logger
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 09:42:49 GMT
In which directories (plural) did you place log4j.jar?

In which directories did you place log4j.properties?

Can you give us your log4j.properties content?

Josef

Von: henry human [mailto:henry_human@yahoo.de]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. Februar 2011 10:49
An: java-user@axis.apache.org
Betreff: Get the following error: NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.log4j.Logger

Hi folks

I try my question in this list, maybe you have an idea!

I get the following error when I try to call a smal java application(hello friends!) which
i placed in a jar file. the application has the log4j.jar in its lib directory (and classpath)
and calls the log4j.logger like this:

private static final Logger LOGGER = Logger.getLogger(Hello.class);

It works when i run the application in eclipse

but not when I pack it as a JAR application! (he application is not running on tomcat an is
only a smal commandline application)

Error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger

Thanks for your advice