axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Rob Nugent <>
Subject WSDL and use of XmlSchemaComplexContentExtension
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 13:26:13 GMT

I'm using Axis2 to parse a piece of WSDL. I can do everything I want
with one exception.

I start with WSDL11ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.populateAllServices(), and
can then successfully navigate the model through AxisService,
AxisBinding etc all the way to AxisMessage, when I then use the
AxisMessage.getSchemaElement() call to get access to the XML Schema
model of the message concerned.

I can then navigate all of the XML Schema model defining that message ,
with the exception of the following syntax (clipped from my WSDL) that
uses 'extension':

<s:schema elementFormDefault="qualified"

<s:complexType name="atype">
<s:element name="param1" type="s:int"/>

<s:complexType name="btype">
<s:extension base="tns:atype">
<s:element name="param2" type="s:int"/>

<s:element name="testRequest" type="tns:btype">

I can get as far as finding the XmlSchemaComplexContentExtension object
for 'atype', but at this point I can't find a way to get access to the
XmlSchemaComplexType object for 'atype', as only its QName seems to be
available, and I can't find a way to determine the XmlSchemaComplexType
for that QName.

If I had access to the underlying XmlSchema object(s) I believe that I
could use XmlSchema.getTypeByName(QName), but I can't find anywhere in
Axis2 to get hold of the XmlSchema(s).

If anyone can give any advice on this, I'd much appreciate it.

Rob Nugent

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message