axis-java-user mailing list archives

From April Easton <AEas...@shawneecourt.org>
Subject Deploying Axis2 on IBM p720
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 17:33:08 GMT
Good day,
     I have successfully deployed axis2 v. 1.5.3 on an X86_64 machine.  Now, I need to deploy
axis2 on an IBM p720 ppc64 machine which currently has a working axis application on it.
 I have copied the axis2 files to this machine and am unable to get this deployed properly.
 I am receiving 2 errors. The first one is in the catalina.out file and is a log4j error as
follows
log4j:ERROR A "org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender" object is not assignable to a "org.apache.log4j.Appender"
variable.
log4j:ERROR The class "org.apache.log4j.Appender" was loaded by
log4j:ERROR [org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader@6a636a63] whereas object of type
log4j:ERROR "org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender" was loaded by [WebappClassLoader
  delegate: false
  repositories:
    /WEB-INF/classes/
----------> Parent Classloader:
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader@6a636a63
].
log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "CONSOLE"

The second one I receive in the localhost log is
SEVERE: Servlet /axis2 threw load() exception Throwable occurred: java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.axis2.clustering.tribes.TribesClusterManager incompatible with org.apache.axis2.clustering.ClusterManager

 I have searched the web and could not find the error in the localhost log.  I found the log4j
error, but  don't remember having this issue on the development machine.  Is this because
I'm running axis and axis2 on the same Tomcat installation?  I have double checked the jar
files and they look ok.  What should I be looking for?

Thanks,
April Easton