axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: axis2 session scopes
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:44:53 GMT
We use scope="soapsession" in the following case

A: we have 3 different client programs running from the same PC each
with the same WS stub.

B: Each one of the 3 client shall span one dedicated user session thread
to a dedicated web service based object, which is an instance of your
web service class.

(Think how a client-object finds its server-object via a strong link) cA
talks to sA, cB talks to sB, cC talks to sC, but never cA talks to sB or
sC. Just a 1 to 1 object relation.

B: By using scope="soapsession" the initial call of cA to the web
service creates for our service class a web service object sA (as
instance) and it returns a servicegroupId Header to the calling client
cA.

C: The client cA is now required to send his received servicegroupId in
the addressing header with each request to the axis2 engine which
dispatches the request to sA

D: that way we can guarantee you that each users client session thread
i.e. cA, reaches always the same service object (instance) sA

E: and by adjusting a timeout in the client and the server we have long
lasting objects, client and server side, objects talking to each other
for hours. And we have no need to re-establish for each request a new
stub or a new service providing object.

Josef