axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <ami...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Rampart question: WSS Policy in WSDL
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 01:53:19 GMT
Hi ND,
Some answers inline.
Thanks
AmilaJ

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 1:39 AM, Nick Duan A-CTR <
nick.duan.ctr@technicacorp.com> wrote:

>  Is including WS security policy in WSDL still required in Rampart 1.5?
> It looks like, based on the samples I saw, that client is able to retrieve
> policy directly from a policy file, not from WSDL.

I beleive your question is related to client side. To my understanding
client can retreive policy directly from a file as follows,

Options options = serviceClient.getOptions();
options.setProperty(RampartMessageData.KEY_RAMPART_POLICY,
loadPolicy("/home/aj/development/policy.xml"));

loadPolicy method returns a policy object. Therefore i think it is not
required to include security policy in WSDL (As far as client is concerned).

> If embedding WS Security Policy inside WSDL, does it contribute anything to
> client stub and server skeleton code generation via wsdl2java?  And how?

As far as i know wsdl2java does not generate any security policy specific
code. Therefore embedding security policy in WSDL does not contribute
anything to generated code.